Employees may never need a safety shower or an eye wash… but if they do, knowing where they are located, and the proper procedures for using them, can prevent serious injury or possibly even save a life. NSC’s training products on “Safety Showers and Eye Washes in the Laboratory” review the correct ways to use this equipment, and emphasize the need for quick action after a chemical splash or spill in a laboratory. Available in English. Available individually, or as part of NSC’s 12-program Laboratory Safety Series. Topics covered in these products include:
- Getting to eye washes and safety showers in an emergency.
- Operating showers and eye washes.
- Exposure to corrosive substances.
- Testing eye wash and shower equipment.
- Using showers and eye washes properly.