Created specifically for the Department of Transportation’s HAZMAT training regulation on Handling and Transporting Hazardous Materials, this kit provides the “Safety Training” required by the regulation. (While this kit can be used by itself, it can also be used as a companion product to the DOT HAZMAT “General Awareness” program).
The program “Safety Training for Handling and Transporting Hazardous Materials” focuses on employees who handle hazardous materials. The video/DVD program in this kit makes employees aware of the hazards associated with the materials they handle… and shows them how to secure and work with these materials safely. The posters in the kit emphasize the importance of using appropriate personal protective equipment when working with hazardous chemicals.
The video/DVD and the employee booklets include information on:
- The regulation itself.
- Hazardous materials that employees may encounter.
- Hazard “indicators”, such as labels, shipping papers and placards.
- The use of personal protective equipment.
- Proper handling procedures.
- Methods and procedures for avoiding accidents.
- Accidents/emergencies involving hazardous materials.
- Spills and cleanup procedures.
- Security risks and terrorism.
The following is a free preview of the DOT Hazmat Safety Training video: