In an effort to fight terrorism and improve the security of hazardous materials being shipped, the Department of Transportation has added three major security requirements to their HAZMAT regulations. Companies that handle hazardous materials must develop a “Security Plan”, and give their employees “Security Awareness” and “In-Depth Security” training.
The program “DOT HAZMAT Security Awareness” was created to help employers provide their employees with the security awareness portion of the DOT training. The video/DVD program in the kit gives employees an awareness of the security risks associated with transporting hazardous materials. The posters in the kit emphasize the importance of being aware of security risks.
The video/DVD and the employee booklets include information on:
- The DOT’s HAZMAT security requirements.
- Security risks associated with transporting hazardous materials.
- Methods that have been designed to enhance transportation security.
- How to recognize security risks.
- Responding to possible security threats.
The following is a free preview of the DOT Hazmat Security Awareness video: